Published on August 10th, 2016 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Another day of low productivity thanks to the Olympics. I just can’t help myself–but I can multitask enough to aggregate some music news.
- Spotify has a new widget that will help you organize your music.
- What is this notion of the “value gap” in music?
- About that rumoured reunion of the original Smashing Pumpkins lineup: yeah, no.
- Another rumour: Adele to play the Super Bowl halftime show?
- These 43 luxury guitars might freak you out.
- Aaron Solowoniuk of Billy Talent is feeling better since his MS relapse.
- Has Lady Gaga landed herself a Good Fella?
- Remember the horrible Rhode Island nightclub fire in 2003? It’s now a Pokemon Go hotspot.
- Could the Netflix series Stranger Things contribute to any kind of retro revival?
- What do K-pop, South Sudan and the Olympics have in common? This guy.
- This songwriter who worked with the Eminem and Beyonce is now the creative director at a water company. Wait–what?
- Music executive L.A. Reid has a new house. It’s probably nicer than yours.
- Now the family of Marvin Gaye has sued Ed Sheeran over some song issues.
- Here’s a band that was named after one of my favourite cheesy horror films.
- A guy from Scotland is suing Warner Brothers because he says there wasn’t enough of The Joker in Suicide Squad.