Published on September 5th, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Were Freddie Mercury still alive, he would have turned 72 today. And in music news for September 5, 2018…
- Canadian music sales and streams vs. this time last year: Total albums, -19%; digital albums, -20.7%; digital tracks, -22.5%; physical albums, -17.9%; CDs, -21.9%; vinyl, +40.6%; streams, +51% (1.094 billion streams)
- lest you think that Linkin Park is going to name a replacement for Chester Bennington.
- It was possible to make the Top 10 on the US SoundScan charts this week by selling less than 7,000 physical units. It took all of 556 records to make the Top 200.
- And on that topic, Alice in Chains’ Rainer Fog debuted at #2 on US SoundScan by selling less than 29,000 units. (BTS and Love Yourself: Answer was #1 with 141,000 copies.)
- I guess Jon Rich of the country duo Big & Rich anyLet`s see.
- ABBA dinner theatre? It’s coming to London.
- Worst neighbours in the world: Jimmy Page vs. Robbie Williams. The .
- In India, 17 women were from an “orchestra band” which abused them sexually.
- Troubles continue for bankrupt Gibson Guitars. They’re seeking to dismiss .
- So many podcasts, so little time. ?
- “Is my record collection trying to ?”
- Could this be the future of home entertainment? .
- The manager of Mastodon is battling .
- Are you a struggling musician? Here are on how to maintain your mental health.
- Yesterday was Google’s 20th birthday. Here’s how much . (Via Tom. He’s back.)