Published on July 11th, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Wednesday, July 11, 2018
The first-ever transatlantic satellite transmission was made on this day in 1962. Think about that as you’re watching the World Cup in 4K. And now, music news for July 11, 2018.
- Today’s England-Croatia World Cup match is . Lots of cancellations.
- What’s the deal with Donald Trump and pop music? Let’s look at his .
- Meanwhile, Brits are for the Donald’s trip to the UK this week.
- A box set of is coming this September.
- Jimmy Page at Oxford on how to be a rock star.
- Ever hear Hong Kong’s song of freedom? .
- Interesting observation about the Spotify vs. Apple Music battle: Apple is gaining.
- There’s now an audiobook version of the Tragically Hip/Gord Downie bio, The Never-ending Present by Michael Barclay. It’s read by George Strombo, too.
- Another has been made against Russell Simmons.
- Astronomy fun: Listen to Saturn and its moon Enceladus .
- Gene Simmons has settled with a journalist.
- Johnny Lydon of a big Public Image Ltd. fan at a gig.
- Eminem has a in London this week.
- In case you missed it, yesterday was the .
- Just in case you want to …
- A based on the life of Buddy Holly is in development.
- This is good: How to identify and how to engage with them.