Published on August 12th, 2015 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Wednesday, August 12, 2015
The Perseid meteor shower should peak tonight. Pray for clear skies. And now, the music news…
- Musicians have sued the major labels over streaming revenue. This could (should?) blow up into a huge story.
- This is Turnplay, a pretty cool turntable app for your iPad.
- Taylor Swift is apparently thinking about buying her boyfriend this castle.
- The premiere of the NWA bio-pic Straight Outta Compton had some pretty heavy security. No real surprise, eh?
- Settle down. Marvin Gaye’s son isn’t suing the creators of Empire.
- Music may help treat epilepsy. (Via Peter)
- If you’re writing songs aimed at women, here are six words to avoid.
- Bad Religion’s Greg Graffin is heading out on a book tour. This is great–if you like academic discussions of population issues.
- “Behind the Song” posts/explanations are being increasingly popular. This is good.
- Revisiting the era of the rock groupie of the 1970s.
- In a band and need a website? This new AI design tool looks really cool. (Via Larry)
- These deadly reptiles sing to each other.
- Showtime is going to create a show based on Patti Smith’s memoirs.
- Nickelback guitarist Ryan Peake has a new initiative to help the people of South Sudan.
- Plays on Soundcloud have doubled in the past year.
- Did Google just scam the entire music business?