Published on January 8th, 2019 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Flying back from CES in Las Vegas today. I used to like the fact no one could reach me via email while I was in the air–a little respite, you know? Now I’m annoyed when I’m on a plane without WiFi. All that lost productivity…
Here’s some music news for January 8, 2019, from 35,000 feet over the US midwest.
- Interesting: The biggest-selling physical album of the first week of 2019 is the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman. It sold a grand total of 24,195 copies.
- Canadian music sales and streaming stats from last week vs. this time in 2018: Total album sales -21.1%; digital albums, -18.3%; physical albums, -22.7%; CDs, -26.7%; vinyl LPs, +28.7%; on-demand audio streams, +32.1% (1.266 billion streams last week).
- This punk band to be yanked offstage.
- Yep. .
- Rough Trade’s Carol Pope is having some health challenges. You can help her .
- Here’s on the return of The Pursuit of Happiness.
- SpongeBob is helping to launch the careers of some young rappers in .
- Smart speakers . Over a billion devices have Google Assistant and 100 million are powered by Alexa ().
- Netflix’s Bandersnatch allows people to choose their own story paths. What if you could for a movie or TV show?
- Great. Now my houseplants will .