Published on March 12th, 2015 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Thursday, March 12, 2015
I have two dogs. The snow is melting. My back yard is being revealed as a toxic waste dump. Do not go there.
- Slipknot guitarist Mick Thompson got into a knife fight with his brother. No, it did not end well. (Via Tom)
- Megadeth is auditioning for a new guitarist. Good luck.
- Amanda Palmer is making $25,000 per song. Wait–what?
- Do the record labels really understand the value of music?
- The lawyer for Marvin Gaye’s family explains how he won the “Blurred Lines”/”Got to Give It Up” case.
- Here’s the case explained by a lawyer.
- Here’s an interview with Rush about their long involvement with Junos charities.
- There will be an appeal in the “Blurred Lines”/”Got to Give It Up” trial. No kidding…
- Meanwhile, the Gaye family wants all sales of “Blurred Lines” to stop.
- Google to take on Sonos with their thermostat. Sort of.
- You’ll be able to stream the 2015 Junos Red Carpet and backstage lounges this weekend. Go here.
- McDonald’s is going to pay their SXSW performers after all.
- Alberta down declares dancing emergency. Puts the call out for Kevin Bacon to save them. (Via Danny)
- What if Notorious B.I.G. had been a dinosaur? (Danny again)
- Adele’s 21 is now officially the second-biggest selling album in Canada in the Soundscan era, moving 1.49 million copies. Only Shania Twain’s Come On Over has sold Let`s see (about 2 million).